2016年5月20日星期五

Poem analysis

I am Sorry

Sometimes, I wonder what my world will be like, if I didnt have someone like you in my life.(Rebecca) Love is the most common emotion that people have. People always have one person which he likes and falls in love with. However, love is painful, and people always make mistakes. Even couples would have argument with each others. Sometimes its a big deal and people hurts each other even it is the person he loved. The poem I am Sorry is written by Rebecca H. In the poem, she talks about the person she liked and she wants to spend the rest of her life with. But it seems like she made some mistakes in the past which cause some problems in their love. So she wrote this poem to express apologize to the person she loved and expressing her feeling which she wanted to fall in love with him forever.
The poem is very simple, it has only 12 lines with 6 stanzas. It does not include any vocabulary so it looked easy for me to understand and remember. It has a rhyme scheme which is AA BB BB CC DD EE. And it is very helpful while I was remember it. In the poem, each two stanzas have a connection between them. The first stanza: Sometimes I wonder what my world will be like, If i didnt have someone like you in my life. The speaker is thinking if she does not have the man she loved in her life, what her life will be like. Then she found out that she cant live with out him. So in the second stanza, she wrote that she came back to reality only to see, that I wouldnt live myself without you and me. The third and fourth stanza is like the transition in this poem which showed that she wanted to stay with him and fall in love with him for the rest of her life. That lead to the point of the poem which is apologize. She knew all the mistakes that she had made and all the hell she had been putting him through. She felt sorry and she apologized: I am so sorry, and I cant say that enough. She hoped that this will be the last time they had a argument. She still loved him and she will love him forever. She express the feeling of sorry and what she will do in the future to getting back with the man she loved at the end of the poem and thats the main point of this poem which is to recover her relationship with her boyfriend.
I chose this poem because I also have kind of similar experience as the speaker. I have a girlfriend, and we love each other. However, we have arguments almost everyday. And every time I apologize and promise that it will never happen again in order to solve the problem. The poem makes me think of my own experience with her and I want send this poem to her as the poem has said: I felt sorry about all the mistakes I made to make you feel unhappy. I loved you completely and I hope you can be with me forever. Although, at first I felt really nervous about presenting it to my class, because I am not good at remembering things very much. However, in fact the rhyme scheme helped me a lot, and while I was presenting it, I looked at my girlfriend, feeling like I am talking to her. So at last, it ends up not bad.



1 条评论:

  1. The poem "I am sorry" by Rebecca H. talks about the feeling of love and apologize from the speaker to her boyfriend by using rhyme couplets.

    回复删除